Atholl Brose (an alcohol-based dessert)

Before I'd left last year (at just about this time) I'd promised someone my recipe for Atholl Brose. I always felt bad for never having posted it. Here's my corrupted version:

Atholl Brose (an alcohol-based dessert)

2 to 4 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp single malt
2 tbsp steel cut oats (I used chopped pecans)
1-1/4 cups heavy cream

Gently heat the syrup with the scotch until it dissolves, cool slightly.

Toast the oats/nuts until they release a nutty fragrance (I use a small dry cast iron pan).

Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 2/3 of the oats/nuts, scotch and syrup, then spoon into 4 small glasses. Sprinkle with remaining oats/nuts and chill. Serve with a pint of oatmeal stout.

mmm - luckily I only have 1/2 of the ingredients on hand, or else I'd be scarfing some.

QQQ
(4/30/01)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.