Ideas for Cooking Fish for Lent

Ideas for Cooking Fish for Lent
Only fish? No shrimp, crab?

My favorite way to cook fish is broiled. I prefer flounder or red snapper, but tilapia works, too. Blot the fish dry, put your favorite seasoning (I like Cajun seasoning), and some butter on top.

Broil in a hot oven for maybe 20 minutes (depends on the thickness of the filet.) You can sprinkle bread crumbs on top, too, if you like that.

I also like it cooked with a tomato/garlic/onion sauce-like stuff on top.

Goes well with rice.

Shrimp Creole is my all-time favorite way to cook shrimp. Lately I've been making jambalaya, though, and it's good, too.

Suzanne
(3/3/11)



I cook fish in the microwave -it's foolproof and fast. I like salmon with a little bit of seasoned butter on it - dill, chopped shallot, salt and pepper... that's about it.

I'm not keen on tilapia - I don't see what all the excitement is about.

I like haddock - and TJ's has nice frozen haddock filets in batter. With some home made tartar sauce and a good bread it's a nice sandwich. Needs some red onion, lettuce and maybe cheese on it.

I like shrimp and pasta dishes, lemon and parsely and butter and olive oil - or if I've been REALLY good - a fettucine alfredo type thing with shrimp.

My big lent treat is a pound of scallops seared in garlic butter served with pasta, peas and little onions.

Kate
(3/3/11)



Wheat bulgar made up as a risotto with garlic; sauteed shrimp and corn added.

Simple grilled salmon with lemon and garlic seasoning and dill. Likewise catfish grilled with dill and sprinkled with Alessi Aged Balsamic Vinegar.

Huge salads of spinch, spring greens, pickled beets, feta cheese, toasted almonds and shrimp boiled and then cooled, with Alessi aged balsamic vinegar. Or alternate that with strawberries instead of pickled beets. Strawberries and Alessi aged balsamic are to die for.

Are we sensing the theme that I like/love Alessi Balsamic vinegar.

marni
(3/3/11)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.