Dough Starter or Making More Yeast

Dough Starter or Making More Yeast

My grandma taught me to keep starter from dough. She called it "making more yeast".

She taught me to save about a golf-ball sized bit of bread dough, flatten it out into a thin disk, cover it with a towel and let it dry out, turning over frequently.

To make more bread, you soften this in water and add a little flour and a pinch of sugar, then take it from there. I admit that I've never tried it, but I will someday.

Denise the sleepy
(11/23/00)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.