Links to Various Dessert Recipes Online

I just discovered that Philadelphia makes a ready made cheescake filling. Why bother about the crust? Just eat the filling.

I have to agree. I don't really like pie crusts, just the fillings. The other family members do like pie crusts, so I indulge them. If it were just me, I'd make crustless pies. What would those be called? Puddings? Custards? Compotes?

While we're at it, cookie dough from the store is much better raw than cooked. And since the stuff is made from pasteurized eggs, the dough is safe to eat when raw. So there.

Where'd you find this for the other recipes, please, ma'am?

As Erin wrote, it's from David Lebovitz' blog.
The recipe link is http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/recipes/

Cheesecake brownies:
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2008/10/cheesecake_brownies.html

Dulce de Leche brownies:
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2006/06/dulce_de_leche.html

I have Ripe for Dessert and it's good.

Erin, would you mind doing a mini-review? The recipes on the blog look both good and do-able without too much fuss. Except for his chocolate book, I haven't been able to find his books locally to look at. I've requested them from the local library, but it will take a while before I get them. The previous book, Room for Dessert, has, umm, disappeared from several of the local libraries. I have an inter-library loan request out, but who knows how far the book thieves have roamed?

My current favorite dessert cookbook is the Moosewood Dessert cookbook, followed by the Fannie Farmer baking book. We're always up for adding more good cookbooks to our collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.