Beef Satay (with peanut dipping sauce)

Beef Satay
(with peanut dipping sauce)


Approximately 1 lb London Broil (or Flank Steak), sliced thin against the grain (I partially (un)froze the pieces of meat and that made slicing it thin much easier)

Marinade: (all measurements are approximate)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup soy sauce (I used 1/2 regular & 1/2 lite cause that’s what I had)
1/2 cup red wine (I omitted)
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/2 tbsp ground pepper
4 tbsp brown sugar

Add chili flakes, garlic, etc to taste.

Mix ingredients in an appropriately sized container, add beef in, turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator a minimum of 4 hours (I let mine stay for approximately 36)

Soak the skewers in water for a few minutes. Weave the slices of meat onto the skewers. Grill over medium-high heat for a few minutes each side until done.

Thanks to Sue Rabinowitz, who told me I could freely distribute this.  I could NOT stop eating these.  And yes, Kate, I know they had sugar in the marinade, but it was a picnic (and I will probably cut it back when I make it at home).

Carolyn
(7/22/03)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.