This is one that uses fresh blueberries.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled
1 cup fresh blueberries
3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add blueberries and toss to mix.
- In separate bowl beat together cream and egg, and slowly pour into dry ingredients, stirring with rubber scraper until dough forms. Knead just until it comes together, 3 or 4 times. Don't over-handle.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes at 375° F (190° C). Serve warm!!