Easy Chili

Coming out of the moat for this:

Easy Chili

2 pounds ground beef
2 tbsp Penzey's Taco Seasoning
4 tbsp Penzey's Chili Seasoning
3 cans Tomato Sauce

Brown the meat with the Taco Seasoning. Drain (or not - we have been buying direct from the rancher, and the beef is SO lean it isn't funny!), then dump in the crockpot. Add the Tomato Sauce and Chili Seasoning. Set on low, and leave it for at least 6 hours.

This chili has won cook-offs in the past, and my kids BEG for it - even in the Summer.

I just assembled a pot today - but I used Penzey's Chili 9000. We'll see how it tastes - it smells fantastic. It's a hotter spice blend than my normal, so I only used 2 tablespoons - we'll see how it tastes tonight.

Back to the moat - gotta go milk goats, feed the critters and start the school day. Wouldn't trade it for the world, even though I'm busier now than I was when I worked full-time.

Verna
(12/9/11)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.