Annie's No Bake Cookie Recipe

Annie's No Bake Cookie Recipe
(Makes 4 Dozen)

This is pretty similar to the other recipes that have been posted--but I've made this one recently.

Results were medium...I found the chocolate portion of the cookies a little too grainy for my tastes--which tells me that I either boiled the mix for too long or for not long enough.

A friend made them for me about two months ago, and hers were smooth and creamy (except for the oatmeal, obviously). So see what you think. I've also heard that you can use a candy thermometer to tell when the mix is "done," but I don't know the correct temperature you're supposed to shoot for. I would assume at least soft ball stage, but I could be wrong.

2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
2-1/2 cups 'Old Fashioned' Quaker oats
1/3 cup peanut butter (*creamy recommended)
2 tsp vanilla

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa over medium heat. Stir constantly and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly, and add remainder of ingredients.

Spoon over waxed paper.

Annie T.
(2/22/01)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.