Wild Rice Salad

Wild Rice Salad

Here's the recipe (more of a formula actually) for the wild rice salad I took to the E.Mass Thriller gathering yesterday. This makes LOTS. I'm probably going to be eating the leftovers for lunch and dinner all week.

Cook 1 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of wild rice in 2 cup water and 2 cup vegetable stock.
Dice whatever vegetables you have on hand.

Yesterday I used:
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1/2 orange pepper
a little zucchini, sliced thin and cut in half
some carrot
all the sugar snap peas I could harvest

I would guess that the total amount of veggies was 3-4 cups.

Toss the vegetables with the warm rice.
Add chopped fresh parsley and basil to taste (I used about 1/4 cup parsley and 1 cup basil)

For the vinaigrette:
Dissolve about 1 tsp. sea salt in 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar ((I never measure such things)
Add pepper to taste
Whisk with 2/3 cup olive oil and Amore garlic paste to taste.

Pour vinaigrette over rice and vegetables, toss, and enjoy.

I like it served at room temperature over greens and garnished with basil leaves and nasturtium flowers.

Enjoy! If you want better instructions, let me know.
Rosemary
(7/8/02)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be warned!

*Most of the list members who posted recipes are not available for any questions.
*Some have left the list. Some have died.
*There are no photos and there may not ever be any.
*This is not a recipe "book" geared to those who cannot cook without someone holding their hand.
*The blog owner and list members who posted the recipes are not responsible for the recipes or their content. Spoons do not make you fat.
*The standard disclaimers on any and all content apply to appease the Gummit brownshirts and their allies.